Welcome to the application for the
2019 Cornell Graduate Diversity Preview Weekend (DPW2019)!
IMPORTANT: This is not an application for any degree granting program at Cornell University. To apply for a graduate program at Cornell University, please visit the main website for the program you are interested in, and find the graduate school application there.
US citizens and residents who fulfill one or more of the criteria listed below are eligible to apply.
We especially encourage applications from first-generation college students and underrepresented minority students of color, including African American/Black, Latinx or Hispanic, Native American, Pacific Islander, and South Asian.
Eligibility also extends to individuals from other underrepresented minority backgrounds that have posed significant challenges to academic advancement. This includes, but is not limited to, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQIA, low-income, and individuals eligible for deferred action under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
For a complete application, please submit the application form and submit the following material by 11:59 PM, December 1, 2018:
1. Personal Statement: 1-2 pages, single- or double-spaced (Please upload as a PDF at the end of this form). Please address the following topics:
- Why you want to participate in DPW
- How you came to be interested in your field of choice
- Why you want to pursue a graduate degree
- Relevant research experience
- Future career goals
- Any life experiences that might have influenced decisions you made regarding the above topics